We are delighted to announce the launch of the HR Heads’ Mentoring Programme – an opportunity for experienced senior HR professionals in our network to share their experiences, and for aspiring HR leaders to gain valuable insight and learning opportunities.
What is mentoring?
Mentoring is a mutually beneficial professional relationship between an experienced individual (the mentor) and another (the mentee) – where the mentor supports the mentee in advancing their knowledge and skills to help with professional growth and development.
The data behind mentoring shows obvious benefits
A five-year study of 1,000 employees by Gartner found:
- Mentees are promoted five times more often than those not in a mentoring programme
- Retention rates were higher for both mentees (22% more) and mentors (20% more) than for employees who did not participate in a mentoring programme
- 25% of employees who enrolled in a mentoring program had a salary grade change, compared to only 5% of workers who did not participate
Investing in leadership pays off in performance, productivity and innovation.
- 71% of Fortune 500 companies have mentoring programmes
- 97% of those with a mentor say they are valuable (Source Sage.com)
- Only 37% of professionals have a mentor (Source Forbes)
- 89% of those mentored will go on to mentor others (Source McCarthy Mentoring)
Mentoring is proven to work and the benefits for both mentors and mentees are obvious
- Drives learning and development
- Develops communication and skills around emotional intelligence
- Provides networking opportunities
How to get involved with HR Heads’ Mentoring Programme
We are looking for mentors and mentees for our new complimentary programme.
Complete the form below and we will carefully match mentors and mentees according to your needs and the stages of your careers.
We will then facilitate introductions between the two parties to enable the mentoring to begin.