An evolving financial services organisation with a mission to make borrowing accessible to all is seeking a Chief People Officer to join its team on an interim / contract basis as it undergoes significant transformation and change management.
- West Sussex
- 9th June 2020
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Fixed Term Contracts
Contact Jennifer Gaster - 07533 642111
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief People Officer will lead and manage the HR function and team, delivering people policies and strategies whilst supporting the Executive Board. As a member of the ExCo, you will perform the Senior Manager Functions (SMF18) which are subject to regulatory approval by the FCA.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing people related activities for the business.
- Actively contributes to the ExCo, demonstrating a commercial awareness of the business and understanding of key issues.
- Partners with ExCo members and senior managers, delivering people strategies in line with the business strategy and plans.
- Develops and delivers clearly defined plans for talent attraction, employee development, retention, performance, reward and recognition.
- Provides leadership and support across all people matters, including talent management, organisational design, learning and development, performance management, reward, health and wellbeing, and facilities management.
- Delivers talent management plans to ensure key talent acquisition, talent development, career and succession planning, and performance management.
- Delivers engagement initiatives that cultivate a high-performing, highly engaged and culture supporting the company’s values.
- Provides coaching to executives and managers to support leadership development, business decision making, people management, and performance management.
- Acts as the lead expert in advising on complex employment relations matters, effectively managing cases to mitigate risk.
- Ensures the company’s compliance with employment related legal and regulatory requirements including SMCR.
Skills and Experience Required:
The ability to work within a fluid environment and amongst ambiguity
Experience of leading an HR team of functional specialists
Experience of participating at ExCo level
Experience of working within a regulated environment (FCA regulated ideally)
Experience of PLC governance is desirable
Change management and Board succession planning
The ability to develop, coach and support senior members of the organisation
Act as confident to the business
The successful candidate will be available to commence the role in July and be able to commit for a period of 6 months. Based in Bournemouth, the role will require a presence in the office as Covid-19 restrictions are released, but the role will afford some home-based working arrangements.
To discuss the Chief People Officer role in more depth, please contact Jennifer Gaster at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Jennifer.email@example.com or call 07533 642111. Enquiries are handled confidentially.