A leading financial services business undergoing an exciting transformation programme is recruiting a Senior HR, Policy and Compliance Administrator to work across the SMCR requirements. The business is fast-moving, operates in a dynamic space and this role will drive the Senior Managers and Certification Regime policy for the business as determined by the FCA.
- 4th October 2019
- £30,000 + 10% bonus + private health insurance + pension + critical illness + onsite Restaurant
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
As Senior HR, Policy and Compliance Administrator your key responsibilities will be:
- Oversees and administers the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SMCR) and HR related processes.
- Acts as the primary HR contact and support for all aspects of the SM&CR.
- Develops, maintains and advises on HR/SMCR related policies and practices.
- Advises on and administers the recruitment and onboarding for Senior Manager Function (SMF), NED, and Certified roles including referencing, vetting, collating information for FCA applications including F&P declarations; liaising with CPO, Legal, Compliance and Company Secretary as necessary.
- Ensures job descriptions are maintained for all company roles including for Senior Manager Function and Certified roles.
- Informs and liaises with Compliance, Legal and Company Secretary on the Senior Manager Function and Certified roles for new appointments, changes to employees’ details (e.g. name/marital status/address changes), and leavers for the onward notification to the FCA.
- Maintains the company’s organisation chart ensuring an accurate view of roles and reporting lines, including updating CIPHR, and informs Legal/Compliance of changes to the organisation chart, roles, role holders, and reporting lines in respect of SMF and Certified roles in order for changes to be made to the company’s Responsibilities Map and for onward reporting to the FCA.
- Works in collaboration with Compliance on fitness & proper (F&P) processes, including for new employees, annual assessments and certification.
- Collaborates with Compliance to ensure that SM&CR regulatory training is appropriate and delivered to all employees on appointment and annually.
- Works with the HR Business Partners and liaises with Compliance/Legal/CPO regarding cases of conduct breaches, capability issues, fitness & propriety concerns.
- Co-ordinates the SM&CR Handover process between leavers and new employees.
- Administers the leaver process. Ensures references are captured for leavers of SMF, NED and Certified roles and records are updated in cases where issues come to light following someone having left (including informing the new employer).
- Produces relevant data and maintains accurate records on SM&CR related matters.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the SM&CR regulation and regulatory requirements.
Skills and experience required for the Senior HR, Policy & Compliance Administrator role:
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work flexibly and as part of a team.
- Creativity – demonstrated ability to come up with innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to read, understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Able to work at pace and manage a high volume of work, yet keep calm under pressure.
- Organised and able to correctly prioritise your workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to understand the importance of data protection and confidentiality.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Friendly and engaging with the ability to communicate confidently with managers and employees.
- Conscientious with meticulous attention to detail and a right first-time attitude.
- Curious and inquisitive to find out how and why to any unfamiliar situations.
- Able to take responsibility and ownership for your workload.
- Proactive and able to use your own initiative.
- Focused and able to concentrate in a fast-paced and sometimes noisy environment.
- Highly motivated and driven, with a strong desire to grow and improve to develop a career in HR.
Benefits of the Senior HR, Policy and Compliance Administrator role include:
- 10% Bonus
- Private Health Care
- Critical Illness Cover
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Many on-site perks
To discuss the Senior HR, Policy and Compliance Administrator role in more depth please contact Jennifer Gaster at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7533 642111 | +44 (0) 1962 432001. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.