A divisional HR Director working in a business with a mission to create opportunities across developing nations.
- 12th October 2021
- £100k + Benefits
- Permanent / Full Time
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
This story starts with ‘we’re a mission with a company’.
We are looking for ambitious people who seek greater meaning in their work and want to use their talents to make the world a better place.
We believe that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not. We’re on a mission to create economic and leadership opportunities for talented people in developing nations. As an impact sourcing service provider (ISSP) and recipient of a program-related investment, we are a global leader in the impact sourcing movement.
With significant growth year over year, we are expanding our business quickly and sustainably and have nearly 550 GREAT core team members. We have ambitious plans to double our size globally in the next couple of years. Our headquarters is in Reading, U.K., and we have offices in Kathmandu, Nepal; Nairobi, Kenya; and Durham, N.C.
Join us and make a difference in the world!
The mission of the HR Director – Delivery & Operations is to help create the greatest workforce and workplace on the planet through partnering with our Chief Delivery Officer to develop and execute people strategy for the Delivery and Operations functions. This role embodies our culture and delivers solutions that are rooted in our Principles and support us in scaling and delivering our company mission.
The HR Director – Delivery and Operations will be a global strategic thought partner who leads by example and creates impact through innovative ideas that elevate our people experience. We’re looking for someone with equal parts strategy and execution excellence – a big picture thinker but who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved.#
We are a fast-growing, innovative business on a mission to change the world which is going somewhere quickly. We are looking for someone who wants to join us on that ride. This position can be based anywhere, but you will need to be prepared to travel to our global offices (Covid permitting).
- Championing our culture + our principles- we have a fantastic team that is aligned to our mission. To help get us there, we’ve defined strong principles. You’ll ensure that they remain core to everything we do – especially our People processes.
- People practices – we have some great foundations in place – but it will be your job to work with the wider talent team to ensure that we build human, scaleable, impactful People practices + processes that unlock high performance and see growth for our people. You’ll appreciate the international nature of our business and work within a matrix structure to ensure that the processes are both relevant to the location as well as the functions.
- Leadership – you’ll be a trusted advisor, coach and source of support to our Delivery and Operations senior leadership team
- Organisational design + development – as we grow, you will work with our Chief Delivery Officer to help shape our org structure to support international growth and make sure that we always have the right people, in the right roles, at the right time
- Talent attraction + acquisition. Alongside our wonderful existing Talent Acquisition team, you’ll ensure that we attract the very best talent, assess them fairly, and provide a fantastic candidate experience. You’ll own the hiring plan for your functions and ensure that proactive talent planning occurs, giving consideration to how we grow skills as well as acquire skills externally.
- You will work closely with our Director of Talent Attraction & Acquisition to identify new talent pools, which exist outside of our current locations, researching the market for skills sets as well as identifying reward practices that align with that location.
- Reward + EVP – you’ll make sure that we reward our team members in line with our Compensation Philosophy and our more intrinsic employer value proposition is genuinely lived and measured against.
- Employee Engagement – finally, together with the Delivery and Operations leadership team, you will own the engagement strategy for our people in Delivery and Operations, carefully measuring engagement and implementing actions that work together with the engagement strategies for each of our locations.
You’re passionate about helping to grow an AMAZING culture and deliver against a higher purpose MISSION, through bringing in the very best people that are culturally aligned.
You are a builder. You must have the ability to build structures and processes that enable us to create structure where there is none. You are knowledgeable about global trends in Talent but not stuck on best practices. You thoughtfully blend tried and true methods while also pioneering innovative approaches to Talent, particularly in the space of managing talent in a distributed world.
You will fit in really well if creating meaningful work for 1 million people in the developing world excites you. Also if you value building relationships, can be described as both humble and courageous in the same sentence, and you are passionate about pooling individual talents to win as one unified team. You have developed your own engine for personal growth, and help others grow by giving both constructive and encouraging feedback. You love to do the crazy hard work upfront to make things simple for others and your approach is often thinking big, starting small, and then scaling fast. If any of this resonates, it is likely you will enjoy and thrive here like nowhere else on earth!
What it will take to catch our eye…
- MCIPD qualified, or equivalent HR relevant qualification
- 5 years plus prior experience in people leadership role/s within a global environment.
- Proven experience working in a talent partnering role, ideally already working at Director level.
- Strong understanding of measuring performance through data with the ability to tell a rich story with it.
- Proven ability to coach and advise senior business leaders.
- Experience working with a Senior Leadership team to give sound commercial and strategic insight.
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation across a number of international locations and ability to identify key business considerations in unknown territories.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and collaborate across multiple disciplines to achieve buy-in;
- Ability to absorb and implement a wide range of feedback thoroughly and efficiently;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and finally…
- Possess a magnetic personality that will help you serve as a key member of our global leadership team and culture carrier.
How to really knock our socks off…
- Have worked in fast growth, scaling tech businesses;
- Already have experience working in the Nepal and Kenya markets