- West Sussex
- 29th July 2022
- £52-58k + Benefits
- Permanent / Full Time
A newly created position of Head of People for a registered charity with interests in education and conservation. Leading a team of HR professionals across Org Development and Operational HR, this role will deliver strategy, support the ELT and drive culture and engagement aligned to their business vision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
• Understand the priorities, objectives, and growth projections of the business to create an aligned People Plan to provide People solutions to organisational goals.
• Be the People contributor on Organisational Development, offering guidance and advice on proposals, plans, and projects.
• Lead the People Team on Organisational Design activities.
• Lead and guide on all People matters throughout the employee journey, in line with best practice, legal and compliance, and organisational priorities.
• Consider and drive culture, employee engagement, employee welfare and
diversity and inclusion programmes.
• Create talent acquisition, development, and retention initiatives.
• Lead on companywide resourcing plans and delivery.
• Develop, drive, and embed organisation-wide employee development and
• Lead on all People Policy and Processes.
• Manage the Reward, Recognition, and Benefits programmes.
• Own and harness the People Management Information system and associated
• Ensure that all People values and priorities are communicated and embedded
across the organisation.
• Work with Senior Management to ensure the business is an employer of choice.
• Update and review HR policies, procedures, and guidelines and enforce
• Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and
employee development making recommendations for improvements.
• Manage the People departmental budget.
Management of Staff
• Manage and support the People team to ensure the effective delivery of all People activities.
• Undertake Continuous Performance Reviews of the team.
• Manage staffing issues in respect of individual staff, including recruitment,
induction, performance, and welfare issues.
• To represent the People department at internal and external meetings
and committees as required.
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Chief
• Travel to other sites as needed.