This role will take a lead in driving service improvements, interfacing with key stakeholders, resolving complex employee relations issues and introducing a culture of performance management and practice supervision within the team.
- 21st January 2020
- £40-45,000 + pension + 25 days Leave
- Team Leader
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
We are currently seeking an HR Casework Team leader to work primarily with our schools’ customers, whilst still actively working in a consistent way with colleagues supporting other customers. You will be leading and managing a team of professional caseworkers providing high-quality employee relations advice and support to schools.
As ER Team Leader, your responsibilities will be:
- Manage workload demands and ensure we maintain service quality standards
- Apply considerable professional judgement in advising customers on the resolution of complex personnel issues and make an assessment of the risk attached to possible solutions thus minimising the likelihood of Employment Tribunal (ET) claims
- Persuade and influence managers to pursue courses of action in relation to personnel issues which are in accordance with good employment practice, have regard to the needs of the organisation and the employee concerned and which minimise employee relations difficulties and potential ET claims
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to often complex personnel issues for which no prescribed answers exist; coach staff to develop these skills
Skills and experience:
- CIPD qualified (corporate member)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience of successfully providing practical solutions to personnel issues within an education environment (desirable)
- Wide knowledge of both collective and individual employee relations legislation
- Ability to give professional, practical and up-to-date advice and guidance to schools and other customers in the education sector on a wide range of personnel issues
Previous experience in the schools’ sector would be advantageous but not essential. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to deliver the right outcomes for schools customers and will bring strong employee relations skills, the ability to lead people through change, build effective partnerships with HR Business Partners, HR colleagues and senior managers and ensure your team is focused on providing high-quality advice and support to meet challenging agendas.
In these roles, you must be able to demonstrate high levels of personal motivation, drive and discretion and you’ll bring a breadth of experience with new and innovative approaches to the delivery of Employee Relations services.
Benefits of the ER Team Leader role include:
- Subsidised canteen
How to apply:
To discuss the ER Team Leader role in more depth please contact Jennifer Gaster at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07533 642111 | 01962 432001. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.