- Greater London
- 10th November 2021
- £85k + 10% bonus
- Permanent / Full Time
This is an exciting new role providing high quality leadership for an effective and efficient Global HR Operations function which delivers proactive and business focused HR administration services across the organisation.
The successful candidate will drive a continuous improvement culture across the team to deliver a positive employee experience, increase service levels and improve overall productivity.
HR Operations Service Delivery
- Provide high quality leadership, ensuring the delivery of high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Create and monitor the team’s performance against SLA’s and workflow processes for the delivery of HR services to the business, ensuring that resources are optimised across the global team to improve/reduce cycle times.
- Use data and metrics to track and measure day to day work in terms of volumes and quality but also to identify areas of iteration and improvement. Ability to manage the service provision via data is key.
- Maintain an inventory of services across the different locations with a view to driving for consistency, simplicity and scalability in the services offered.
- Deliver support to the business on the employee lifecycle management processes such as on-boarding management, contractual changes, immigration, and other responsibilities relating to staffing administration.
- Take the lead on key projects which impact the HR Operations function.
- Work closely with the Payroll Managers to ensure smooth transition of data and timely execution of employee changes ahead of each pay run to minimise errors and maintain data accuracy.
- Escalating exceptions and queries in a timely and appropriate manner
HR Policy & Advice Services
- Design and implement a policy advice service for managers across the business which enables managers to easily access HR advice.
- Develop and implement a process to assess incoming enquiries and equip the HR Operations team to provide first line advice, identify potential risks and know when to escalate matters to the Director, Global HR Operations and/or HR Business Partner teams
- Implement mechanisms to report and track activity in this area so that it is possible to demonstrate added value to the business.
- Act as a second-line support/escalation point for HR Assistants on more complex administrative or process issues.
- Develop and maintain the HR procedural maps documenting core HR processes, roles & responsibilities. Identify opportunities for the development of scalable and sustainable working process.
- Create and monitor SLA’s and workflow processes for the delivery of HR services to the business.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements which drive efficiency or streamline working processes, improving processing times, accuracy levels, automation etc.
- Work with colleagues in the HR Systems and MI and IT teams to identify and implement required changes in Business World and Service now architecture to support new ways of working.
Quality and Compliance
- Ensuring the accurate execution of all transactions in your team in accordance with service standards and HR Operations procedures.
- Focus on ensuring compliance to minimum standards for HR records and undertake quality audits as required.
- Ensure that current/future HR needs of the organisation and legislative standards are identified and met by reviewing, improving and monitoring existing HR policies and developing new ones, as required.
- Identify and resolve inconsistent and/or manual processes to prevent and mitigate HR risk and compliance issues.
- Work with the HR Business Partners to ensure that they are updated on operational issues and identify where further improvements are required from client groups to meet process and/or compliance requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR Business Partners and HR Centres of Excellence, other internal stakeholders such as Finance and IT to enable effective service delivery and change.
- Review and improve HR Operations processes using user experience feedback and insights
- Build and develop the Global HR Operations team, driving for high engagement and performance through effective management and leadership and encouraging partnership and collaboration with other teams and departments
- Contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy and work closely with the Director, Global HR Operations, and the HR Leadership team to ensure cohesive and coordinated services across Study.
- Deep understanding of HR processes
- Experience of managing the delivery of numerous HR services to tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of UK employment law environment, and of basic HR policy advice provision. Other geographical HR experience is also advantageous
- Experience of using HR systems
- Identification and implementation or process change
- Demonstrates methodical and logical approach, pays attention to detail
- Delivery focussed – can work to deadlines as required and drives performance across the team
- Maintains focus under pressure, even when confronted with multiple priorities
- Takes a client-focussed view and develops processes with the end-user in mind
- Builds confidence with colleagues and clients by taking ownership and demonstrating an understanding of the issues and providing prompt resolution where possible
- Problem solving skills – knows when to escalate issues
- Uses data to drive decision making around resource allocation, opportunities for improvement, and is able to undertake data manipulation/analysis to identify trends, points of interest etc
- Full member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD), or equivalent professional body
- Experience of HR service provision on a global basis