Executive Heads has been retained by a truly exceptional Media business to appoint a Head of HR reporting into the Group HR Director.
- Kent, London, Surrey
- 6th September 2019
- £80-90,000 + comprehensive benefit package and a performance related bonus
- Head of
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Partnering the Leadership team and the wider business the Head of HR will drive and implement operationally excellent HR services across the business.
Leading a team, covering three sites and supporting a client group of 600 people, you will bring vision and experience in providing dynamic and effective leadership across the business in all aspects of people management; including staffing, compensation, employee relations and regulations compliance, employee safety and welfare, financial management, learning and development.
Having significant experience within the HR environment you will provide board level policy advice whilst driving a programme of cultural and operational change.
As Head of HR your roles and responsibilities will be:
- In conjunction with the Director of HR and Executive Management, develop and own the People Strategy aligned with the organisation’s goals
- In conjunction with the specialists within the team; define and deliver the strategy while maintaining employee engagement and adding value to the organisation
- Gain the trust of management, staff and the team to execute obligations in representing the interests of the company while also supporting the employees
- Lead analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of improving the working environment and creating an engaged culture
- Advise management where appropriate, on the implications of current and emerging employment, health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the business
- Ensure the company policies and procedures are maintained and reflect current legislation, best practice and company goals and objectives;
- Play an active role in supporting change management across the organisation, advising on strategy and influencing outcomes;
- Oversee, manage and advise Executive Management on reward strategies for all staff covering salaries, bonus and other benefits including preparation of annual reviews and bonus payments
- Promote and deliver leadership and guidance on issues relating to equality and diversity
- Promote an H&S culture minimising risks and creating a safe working environment for staff and external parties
- Advise, and where applicable take charge, on the handling of serious employee relation matters and sensitive personnel cases to achieve successful outcomes
- Create and manage the department’s annual budget in line with authorised limits
- In conjunction with the Team Managers, develop, quantify and monitor appropriate team performance KPIs to achieve delivery of the department’s strategic and operational objectives, while ensuring they have the necessary support to provide quality service and fulfil their roles
- Ensure the team is lead and motivated and that top performers are recognised and rewarded, while ensuring low performers are effectively managed
- Mentor, support and empower Team Managers
- Encourage collaboration with other departments
- Clearly demonstrate your depth of working knowledge and expertise, acting as a point of reference for others
- Represent the company’s interests with external partners and networks to foster collaboration across the business
Skills and experience required:
- Broad experience across the range of HR disciplines, with substantial experience business partnering at leadership level
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence others without direct line authority
- Significant experience of managing a substantial and complex workload
- Substantial experience of working with a diverse range of customers and other stakeholders
- Experience in successfully managing and developing a team
- Have worked on HR change projects
Benefits of the Head of HR role include:
A base salary of up to £90k including a comprehensive benefit package and a performance related bonus. There are also excellent realistic career development opportunities within the first two years.
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Chris Pestell at HR Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 07391 012 465| +44 (0) 1962 432001. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.