This new opportunity as the Head of HR is a 12 months FTC to cover maternity leave and will be hybrid working
- 12th January 2022
- Contract or Temp
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Overview of the role:
The role holder is responsible for supporting the senior management team (SMT) and ExCo team with the CPO.
Working with the HR team to deliver the HR strategy, which supports the business strategy and objectives, by working in partnership with business areas to provide an outstanding HR service that is simple, relevant, commercial, customer-focused, and drives improved organisational performance.
The role is responsible for bringing the HR strategy to life, acting as a change agent, and supporting and contributing to the HR strategy. This role also has management responsibility for an HR Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, and HR Co-ordinator.
- To develop and maintain a sustainable high-performance culture through understanding the broader business and be able to positively influence how management and their teams are able to achieve the business strategy and goals, by focusing on outputs, great conversations, and cultural change, whilst being aware of the challenges that may be faced.
- To contribute to the development of the HR strategy in conjunction with the Chief People Officer, bringing the strategy to life and driving excellent execution.
- To act as functional subject matter expert to ensure that the standard processes are implemented effectively, provide advice and guidance on complex people / HR issues and broader business issues.
- To effectively track and analyse management information, spot trends and propose effective and timely interventions.
- Working in partnership with managers identifying the talent pool and developing succession plans, creating tangible action plans to realise employee potential.
- To have overall responsibility for ER cases and act as a point of escalation where required.
- To understand and monitor the legislative landscape, specifically HR legislation and SMCR regulations.
- To build skills, knowledge, and competencies within the HR team in areas relating to people management, business partnering, and other HR matters.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of operating at a senior level, in a fast-paced, agile environment, advising on areas such as reward, talent management, talent acquisition, performance management, engagement and retention, and management development in a business partnering type role.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team, inspiring and developing others, setting high standards, supporting, and giving regular feedback to deliver results.
- Actively manage through to conclusion (planning through to execution).
- Able to juggle various activities at once and ensure the team delivers on expectations.
- Effectively prioritise and execute things in a timely way.
- Able to work in an autonomous way.
- Able to diagnose issues and come up with effective solutions (concept to delivery).
- The ability to make sound decisions independently, assessing information and risk appetite, escalating as necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse and understand data and information quickly. Uses information, insights, and knowledge in a structured way to identify options, make recommendations and make robust, defendable decisions.
- Ability to step in to deputise for CPO when necessary.
- FCA / SMCR knowledge
- Financial Services / Banking industry knowledge
The desired candidate needs to be CIPD qualified and ideally have a degree in HR management or business-related discipline. The start date will be March 2022.