A professional services consultancy providing integrated tax, legal and financial services to a rapidly growing client base across the UK and overseas is looking to appoint a Head of HR Practice.
- 9th August 2018
- c.£70,000 + Phone + Laptop + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Memberships Paid + Bonus + Travel
- Head of
or call our Hampshire office 01962 4320001
They have gained a sizeable HR client base from ad hoc work and are now looking to formalise this part of their business. Alongside the other divisions, this role will work cross-collaboratively to develop the overall business proposition. The client group tends to be the Board, Entrepreneurs and Investors and is currently very orientated around the tech sector.
The Head of HR Practice will be an experienced HR professional who is capable of pitching, selling and closing new business; dealing with multiple external clients across the full spectrum of employment law and HR best practice. Working with an existing team comprising 3 employment lawyers, a retained employment barrister and a junior HR administrator, it is expected that you will recruit additional members as the division grows.
Main Purpose of Role:
- To develop, build and formalise the HR Consultancy Practice, specifically targeting new clients, cross-selling to existing clients.
- To generate confidence and provide expertise in all HR matters, offering proactive advice individually and through the team’s delivery.
- Prepare, develop and present on HR, Management and Leadership topics to potential and existing clients as a business development method.
- Manage own portfolio of clients and revenue generation.
- To take responsibility for and proactively manage all work carried out on HR Clients within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Manage all stakeholder relationships with clients and the needs of their employees.
- Respond to all queries in a professional manner, providing expertise on HR legislation and best practice.
- Increase portfolio of clients and revenue generated from clients through solutions focused business development.
- To collaborate with other internal business divisions to ensure cross-selling opportunities are maximised.
- Providing input to the leadership teams on the positioning, proposition, marketing and EVP for the HR Practice.
- Provide GDPR and Data Protection expertise as required to client base externally.
- Attend and represent the HR Practice at networking events and business seminars as required to promote the HR Practice and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Effectively operate all office systems and contribute to the development and improvement of these.
- Act as internal HR Director advising leadership team on best practice in-house.
Required Attributes & Skills:
- Comfortable working across all levels of stakeholder management, effortlessly interacting with staff from the boardroom to the shop floor.
- Ability to manage workload alongside business development activity.
- Commercial acumen and experience to assisting in growing the client base.
- Credibility in pitching, presenting and tendering for business, including written documentation.
- Highly developed attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and management skills.
- Detailed knowledge on all aspects of HR legislation and practical application in a variety of work places.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Chartered Member CIPD (Level 7 or equivalent qualification)
- Extensive Outsourcing or Consultancy experience is essential.
- HR Business Partner experience in a generalist capacity – often working in environments with little formal HR infrastructure.
- Experience in warm lead sales desirable.
- Experience in client facing role including client communication.