A leading and ambitious organisation in Southampton is recruiting a Head of HR as a newly created position to join its team.
- 21st July 2020
- c£80k + bonus and generous pension
- Head of
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
The company has embarked on achieving high levels of commercial growth alongside its long-term agreement with the public sector. This will see it operate globally, continue innovating and leading the way in its field.
The HR team is busier than ever, focused on driving the people strategy for the business by ensuring that it remains aligned with the overall commercial strategy. You will be responsible for the development of a strategic workforce plan which will ensure that internal capability and talent is harnessed, early career talent development is maximised to safeguard the growth of the business and international expansion is enabled. Now is truly an exciting time for the function and the wider business.
As Head of HR, your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing the business partner proposition to ensure a strategic and consistent approach to workforce and people planning.
- Leading the development and ongoing iteration of a strategic workforce plan, working in close alignment with Finance and other relevant teams to ensure a coherent corporate service to the business.
- Leadership of the Business Partner team; building their capability, championing them within the business to deliver strategic and trusted partnering services.
- Supporting the People Director to develop the People strategy, ensuring business insights and data are incorporated and it is closely aligned and contributes to the ongoing development of our commercial strategy.
- To lead business change management and transformation initiatives to ensure changes are adopted and the culture is enhanced.
- Co-create with HR centres of Excellence people initiatives across resourcing, talent, engagement, reward and learning.
You will be able to demonstrate evidence against these key criteria:
- The incumbent must have a track record in developing strategic workforce plans in a similarly complex operating environment.
- The role requires a proven HR professional who puts business performance, people and relationships at the top of the agenda.
- Excellent track record of senior stakeholder relationship management
- Experience in business acquisitions and integrations
- Trade Union negotiations
- A proven influencer, with the ability to work with the leadership team to make sound commercial decisions
- An analytical approach, enabling the business to make data driven decisions.
- Experience operating in a business that has an international presence
The competitive package includes:
- Salary – circa £80,000
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension scheme
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave – (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
This is a business that wants to create an environment that inspires people be their best every day. If you are a strong leader with a passion for people, developing strategy, pragmatic solutions and have a value driven mindset the Head of HR position could be your perfect next move.
How to apply for the Head of HR role:
All applications and conversations will be held in confidence
HR Heads is working on this role on an exclusive basis and looking to speak with interested candidates urgently. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency on this role.