A care business with charitable status and over 100 years of experience in supporting people with learning disabilities is recruiting a new Head of Human Resources.
- West Sussex
- 8th July 2020
- £65,000 + Benefits
- Head of
Call Jennifer Gaster on 01962 432001
Providing practical and emotional support to drive independence in everyday environments, this business focuses on empowering individuals to live the way they choose.
Reporting to the CEO and leading the HR department, you will work across all areas of HR, training and development, and recruitment functions as well as overseeing relationships with outside advisors. The Head of HR will be responsible for guiding the Executive Team and Trustees, overseeing all people-related matters, policies and programmes, and ensuring resources are used beneficially.
Your remit will include providing robust and effective leadership on policy management, playing a key role in devising and leading change, orking collaboratively with colleagues and in partnership with stakeholders at all levels, retaining and recruiting the required talent and fulfilling statutory obligations to support the organisations strategy and provide a great place to work for its employees.
As Head of Human Resources, your key responsibilities will be:
- To support the executive team in developing a people-orientated culture that emphasises quality and continuous improvement, including the development of values and behaviours that underpin performance.
- To provide leadership and vision to the HR function.
- To develop and oversee implementation of the HR strategy which will include bringing together HR business, recruitment, and training teams into one structure.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects the following elements:
- Experience of working in a regulated care environment (CQC or Ofsted registered) with an awareness of safeguarding rules and regulations.
- Experience of being a board / executive team member, acting as coach and mentor.
- Degree level qualification, ideally with a post-graduate CIPD qualification (FCIPD or equivalent)
- Trained in data protection practice and management post GDPR.
- HR Team leadership experience
- Broad experience across a range of HR functions including recruitment, training and development, employee relations, payroll and pensions, performance and conduct management.
- Experience of leading and implementing strategies, managing organisational change.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law and best practice.
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle for business purposes with the willingness to travel to each site on a monthly basis.
- DBS Check (to be obtained).
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of Human Resources role in more depth please contact Jennifer Gaster at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7533 642111 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.