An award-winning private medical clinic is looking for a Head of People to join their rapidly expanding business.
- 20th May 2021
- £60k + pension + bonus + discounted products + 25 days leave + bank hols
- Head of
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Reporting to the MD, the Head of People will be the first point of contact for all employees, providing support and solving problems across the employee lifecycle. This is an extremely varied role with your responsibilities including recruitment, leadership development and performance management plus you will be responsible for the development of the HR function for the business. Please note this role would be considered on a 4-day per week basis.
In the first 6-12 months, your key focuses will be:
- Putting a management structure in place
- Leadership development
- Introducing HR metrics
- Developing a Recruitment strategy
- Culture and engagement development
As Head of People your key responsibilities will be:
Enabling line managers:
- Provide ER support to all Line Managers to enable a productive, engaged and inspired team; to include absence, disciplinaries, and grievances
- Coach managers in support of performance management and the development of high performing teams
- Define and implement a training and development agenda
- Facilitate talent and succession planning
- Work closely with the leadership team in determining the compensation and benefits offer and provide advice and support
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Support managers with the recruitment of new staff, taking the lead in preparing adverts, job specs and candidate briefs. Acting as point of contact for candidates and recruitment partners to ensure consistency of approach.
- Working with the HR Manager to ensure the creation of offer letters and contracts, completing the reference process, right to work checking and onboarding of new staff.
- Ensure new employees have an onboarding/induction plan and receive relevant information on their first day of employment
- Working with Leadership Team, develop culture within the Company
- Link Values, mission and vision to culture and promote this
- Conduct the annual employee survey and work with management to review and action plan from the results
Compliance & HR Administration:
- Keeping records up to date on the HR system including records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Compile and analyse key HR data and make recommendations for improvements
Skills and experience:
- CIPD qualified with generalist HR experience (at least 5 years)
- Ability to manage a small team and develop an HR function in a growing business
- Confident in advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Numerate and financially aware with the ability to produce reports and statistics as required combined with excellent presentation skills both formally and informally.
- Natural and credible influencer at all levels
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation
- Strong communication skills with a high standard of verbal and written English
- Experience of prioritising a busy workload, ensuring deadlines are met
- Strong ethics, integrity and trust
- Professional and confident
Benefits of the Head of People role include:
- 25 Days Leave
- Staff Discounts
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of People role in more depth please contact Jennifer Gaster at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7533 642111 | +44 (0) 1962 432001. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.