A relatively young business that has had a huge impact within Hampshire since it’s formation is looking to appoint a new Head of People.
- 19th October 2020
- £50-55k + benefits
- Head of
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Reporting to the CEO and an active member of the senior leadership team, the Head of People will deliver and develop the people strategy to drive and enhance the organisational goals.
This position is all encompassing, straddling operational and strategic elements including learning and development, reward & benefits, performance management, coaching, recruitment & selection, and employee relations. No two days are the same, with the people function at the heart of the proactive and excellent customer focused delivery ensuring every people experience is consistent and high-quality.
Key responsibilities of the Head of People role include:
- Membership of the leadership team, leading people strategies and processes
- Development of organisational values, behaviour frameworks and ensuring they are embedded throughout the organisation
- Ensure the people management culture is commercially and customer focused
- Lead the people engagement strategy to develop and manage a number of employee initiatives including communications, annual surveys, volunteer days, workplace forums
- Coach and support leaders and managers to develop teams and individuals
- Manage change programmes
- Payroll instructions, sign off and pension administration
- Employee relations management
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of creating an HR strategy including learning and development, change management (knowledge of TUPE) and be able to advise on all aspects of recruitment and selection with competency based approach and psychometric assessments. As a charity, the organisation has a number of stakeholder groups, including trustees, local authorities, funding councils and volunteers. Experience of working with varied interested parties and engaging a volunteer workforce would be ideal.
Essential qualifications include CIPD Level 7, Masters or MBA degree, experience of working in a multi-site environment and working knowledge of the third sector.