A leading UK-based manufacturing business is looking for an HR Advisor to join their team in Eastbourne.
- East Sussex
- 10th November 2021
- Up to £28k
- Permanent / Full Time
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Reporting to the Senior HR Advisor, your role will be providing generalist support to the site management teams in respect of the day-to-day functions of HR.
It is an extremely busy and varied role, with your tasks ranging from carrying out inductions to assisting with disciplinaries and supporting recruitment.
You will be working for a great business where you will have the opportunity to really make a difference and see the impact of your work.
Your main objectives will be ensuring the smooth administration of HR processes in their Eastbourne and West Sussex sites plus tackling any day-to-day problems that arise.
The role will be based at their site in Eastbourne 5 days a week with travel to their West Sussex site when needed so it is essential that you have a full UK driving license.
As HR Advisor your key responsibilities will be:
- To provide generalist support to the site management teams in respect of the day-to-day functions of HR.
- Be the first point of contact for managers, supervisors and employees.
- Manage relationships with employees and attend to a wide range of HR queries.
- Carry out HR administration for the sites, including but not limited to: recruitment, probation, absence recording, time and attendance,
- Manage the administration of the temporary workforce, including administration of timesheets and liaising with approved agencies.
- Collation, recording and processing of daily overtime sheets and authorised holiday sheets
- Support site management teams with recruitment and selection process.
- Administer the starter and leaver process, including digital and paper files, issuing contracts, allocating fobs, conducting HR inductions (co-ordinating H&S inductions), monitoring probationary periods, post-employment checks.
- Supporting site management teams with grievance and disciplinary investigations.
- Taking notes at employee meetings.
- Reviewing and supporting attendance management and capability cases with Senior HR Advisor.
- Proactively tracking and supporting site management teams with Records of Conversations and Letters of Concern.
- Maintenance of company HRIS to ensure the systems are kept up-to-date
- Update Tensor time and attendance on daily basis – closing down anomalies.
- Setting up starters and leavers on system
- Review and analyse weekly/monthly reports.
- Administer annual leave – reporting to senior managers quarterly.
- Co-ordinate payroll information for the two sites – salary amendments, expenses, notification of change forms etc
Skills and experience required:
- Proven work experience as an HR Advisor/Administrator.
- Working towards CIPD Level 3.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- IT Literate (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams, HRIS).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Practical and logical – able to solve problems quickly.
- Personable with good communication and relationship-building capabilities across all levels of the business.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department.
- A flexible approach to work and workload requirements.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Benefits of the HR Advisor role:
- Up to £28,000
- Car allowance