- 23rd November 2021
Reporting to the People and Development Manager this varied role oversees all people and development activity across the group in the UK and abroad. You will partner with colleagues in the People and Development team to support them with payroll and benefits management, performance management, career management, change, onboarding, projects, implementing people initiatives and end-to-end Human Resource operations.
As a generalist you will have the experience to engage in all aspects of People and Development and will have a problem solving mindset. You’ll be ready to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done but also be a strategic thinker.
Our People & Development team will be driving forward significant programmes to attract, engage and retain our staff, continuing on the good work that has already been done to create a collaborative, productive and happy work environment.
- Ensure there is an ongoing adherence to employment law with special attention to international laws (particularly the USA at a federal and state level), policies, procedures and payroll
- Update and maintain employee handbooks
- Onboard new starters to ensure legal compliance and to provide new joiners with a positive, welcoming introduction
- Oversee the performance management and appraisal process ensuring that managers are prepared and knowledgeable about the process and expectations. Continually act as a performance improvement driver provoking positive changes in performance and people management
- Support our people in all areas of the learning cycle – the analysis of learning needs, the sourcing and provision of suitable learning solutions and the on-going evaluation of learning interventions
- Work with the People and Development Director to implement a variety of initiatives, including actions from employee surveys
- Work with managers to develop training and development plans for employees during the full life cycle of their employment
- Carry out presentations and videos to support our engagement with employees to educate and advise them
- Undertake a variety of administrative tasks including checking others work, ensuring deadlines are met and that work is of the highest quality at all times
- Provide general employee case management support for a variety of situations including coaching and advising line managers and staff on capability/conduct issues
- Manage the People and Development Advisor to ensure they are well equipped to deliver effectively and are given the opportunity and support to develop in their role.
- Manage the team inbox ensuring all queries are responded to within KPIs set
- Provide advice and guidance on a variety of people/HR matters across the group
- Review and analyse people data for reporting purposes, to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and engagement
- Educate and coach managers in integrating our values into the entire employee lifecycle including probations reviews, onboarding, appraisal reviews and line manager/departmental onboarding frameworks
- Educate all employees on the importance of having a diverse workforce and actively promote and increase diversity, equality and inclusion
- Provide reports from systems and translate data into palatable documents and diagrams for the audience it is intended
- Write reports, communications, policies and procedures
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to identify and hire the best talent for the organisation
- Be the key person for the immediate team and the wider organisation in respect of the People and Development database, and will be instrumental in its implementation and use
- Be abreast of employment law, being accountable for your own breadth of knowledge to ensure you are aware of upcoming changes, and you have a good knowledge of a wide range of legislation
- Experience in a generalist People and Development Advisor role in a fast paced environment
- A proactive, self-motivated mindset and a desire to make a significant contribution. You’ll be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- A strong focus on delivery
- Strong and up to date knowledge of employment law and HR best practice for the countries in which you operate
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, working to tight deadlines
- Highly organised and able to prioritise with excellent administrative skills
- Ability to analyse and work with data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of staff issues, with the ability to support and assist.
- Learning needs analysis and the design delivery and evaluation of training programmes
- Experience of a variety of HR platforms/systems ensuring accuracy of input, extracting reports and helping users with self service functionality
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to build relationships quickly with credibility and influence
- Demonstrable focus on culture, workplace community and wellbeing
- CIPD Qualified
- Good knowledge of US employment law at a federal and state level
- Previous experience working in a technology organisation
- Experience of supporting more than one country
- Comfortable with Google Suite
The position will come with a competitive salary, bonus, 25 days holiday, Private Healthcare and a great pension. We also give you your birthday off. We think we have an amazing working environment and culture and hope you will do too.