Great opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor, within a leading manufacturing business based in Croydon. Hybrid working offered, salary c.£35-40k
- 9th May 2022
- £35-40,000 + benefits
- Permanent / Full Time
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
We have a great opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor, within a leading manufacturing business based in Croydon.
The organisation has a long-standing reputation as the best of its kind in Europe and employs nearly 1,000 people over multiple sites.
This role will report to the Senior HR Advisor and benefits from hybrid working, with a view to working in the Croydon office 3-4 days a week and from home 1-2 days per week. Salary is c.£35-40k.
- To provide generalist support to the site management teams in respect of the day-to-day functions of HR.
- Be the first point of contact for managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Manage relationships with employees and attend to a wide range of HR queries.
- Carry out HR administration for the sites, including but not limited to recruitment, probation, absence recording, time and attendance,
- Manage the administration of the temporary workforce, including administration of timesheets and liaising with approved agencies.
- Collation, recording and processing of daily overtime sheets, authorised holiday sheets, RTW forms etc.
- Support site management teams with recruitment and selection process.
- Administer the starter and leaver process, including digital and paper files, issuing contracts, allocating fobs, conducting HR inductions (co-ordinating H&S inductions), monitoring probationary periods, post-employment checks.
- Supporting site management teams with grievance and disciplinary investigations.
- Taking notes at employee meetings.
- Reviewing and supporting attendance management and capability cases with Senior HR Advisor.
- Proactively tracking and supporting site management teams with Records of Conversations and Letters of Concern.
- Maintenance of company HRIS to ensure the systems are kept up to date:
- Update Tensor time and attendance on a daily basis – closing down anomalies.
- Setting up starters and leavers on the system.
- Review and analyse weekly/monthly reports.
- Administer annual leave – reporting to senior managers quarterly.
- Coordinate payroll information for multiple sites – salary amendments, expenses, notification of change forms etc.
- Ensure smooth administration of HR processes over multiple sites.
- Tackle day-to-day problems in a proactive manner, referring to Senior HR Advisor for support where required.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in the work being produced.
- Work with confidential material in a professional and discreet manner.
- Facilitate and support audit compliance (ethical trading standards).
- Proven work experience as an HR Advisor/Administrator.
- Working towards CIPD Level 5.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- IT Literate (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams, HRIS).
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department.
- A flexible approach to work and workload requirements.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience as an HR Advisor, be personable with good communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business.
You will be practical and logical with the ability to solve problems quickly, with great accuracy skills and attention to detail.
A full driving licence is required.