Are you an experienced HR Manager looking to work in a growing and ambitious business? This leading Care organisation will appoint a newly created HR & Development Manager to lead a team across multi-sites.
- Dorset, Hampshire, Surrey
- 20th April 2021
- £65k base + mileage + pension + 25 days leave
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Operating 24/7, the organisation is a specialist in its field, providing unrivalled services to its people. The HR & Development Manager role could not be more important – it is at this strategic stage that the business wants to focus on developing a culture of high performance, employee engagement and promoting high standards, where people are valued, supported and empowered, to develop professionally and personally.
Overview of the role:
To lead the Human Resources agenda to support the organisation’s vision. Supporting the employee journey from recruitment to end of employment, to ensure the highest level of quality service provision resulting in good/outstanding ratings across all services. To provide comprehensive employment information and data from internal and external sources to the Operations Management Team, Senior Management Team and Board to inform decision making. Working closely with the senior team drive culture, engagement, and empower individuals to provide exceptional service.
As HR & Development Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Resourcing and Talent Planning – oversee the workforce planning, succession planning, ensuring talent pipelines are developed, the promotion of talent from within and the EVP to ensure they are an employer of choice.
- Service Delivery – Provide timely advice and guidance to managers and staff. Ensure policies and procedures are compliant, up to date and accessible and managers receive appropriate support to fully implement. Provide monthly suite of management information to inform decision making, such as turnover and absence.
- Insights, strategy & Solutions – To continually assess external factors to keep ahead of emerging trends in HR and the healthcare sector and influence team decisions affecting long term reputation, sustainability, and growth of the organisation. Champion implementation of organisational change and cultural development activities to deliver the organisations vision.
- Leading HR – Maintain high visibility, leading by example, coaching, and developing the H R & training teams to provide a high level of service delivery to the organisation. Managing a small HR and Recruitment team. Communicate regularly with the team individually and as a group.
- Organisation design and development – Anticipate need for changes in organisation structure in line with company goals and articulate these to senior team through credible business case, e.g., outsourcing, growth etc. Design and implement restructuring projects ensuring compliance with legislation to produce effective solutions.
- Performance and Reward – To maintain a competitive offer by benchmarking local competition and making recommendations on salary uplifts to senior management. To research innovative cost-effective benefits to incentivise and retain key employees.
- Employee Relations – To ensure policies and procedures are complied with and managers have the skills to effectively complete the process including investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings.
To advise and guide management on conduct and capability issues.
- Employee Engagement – With the other General Managers to undertake annual employee satisfaction surveys, analyse the results, produce a report for senior management/Board and staff. In collaboration with the senior team produce action plans from the survey results. Explore various methods of communication to ensure that staff are fully informed of the organisation’s activities.
- Learning and Development – In collaboration with the training lead develop and implement a competency framework. Identify mandatory and additional training requirements, and make recommendations for the L&D Strategy.
Skills and experience:
A degree, CIPD Level 5 or equivalent are essential qualifications, but ideally you will have experience beyond this to include a Masters or Level 7 attainment. With significant HR Management experience, you will have worked in either 24/7 or shift pattern environments and understand that the organisation delivers exceptional service day and night. You will also have experience of working in a multi-site environment.
While offering a little flexibility, this role is one that requires you in the office – the business is an in-situ care provider and therefore all employees are based at one of their sites. The organisation is expanding and opening 2 new sites in 2021 so the ability to travel to those is imperative.
Benefits of the HR & Development Manager include:
- Mileage for travel between sites
- Pension scheme
- 25 days leave
How to apply:
To discuss the HR & Development Manager role in more depth please contact Jennifer Gaster at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7533 642111 | +44 (0) 1962 432001. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.