We are looking for a HR Business Partner to join a fast-growing financial institution on a 6-12 month FTC.
- 27th August 2021
- Contract or Temp
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be responsible for working closely with key stakeholders to ensure standard processes are implemented effectively and will provide advice and guidance on a range of complex issues.
The business prides itself on excellent customer service and its customer-centric approach so we are looking for someone who will be able to drive an HR service that is customer-focused plus can improve organizational performance through challenging the norm.
The business values relationships therefore it is essential that you are able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders plus can demonstrate strong people management, communication and leadership skills. It is also important that you can read and interpret complex material (legislation, FCA regulations) and embed principles into every facet of HR as necessary.
As HR Business Partner your key responsibilities will be:
Driving a high-performance culture whereby the customer experience is paramount to success:
- Responsible for devising and implementing cultural and organisational change plans
- Using Peakon to review and analyse engagement trends plus assist in business in improving employee engagement.
Strive for ‘Best In Class’ HR Standards:
- To lead and participate as required, on any HR and/or cross-functional projects
- Increase the perceived value of HR to all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for monitoring, measuring and reporting necessary aspects of HR metrics using agreed formats and timescales to achieve business outcomes.
- Meet regularly with and responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with operational managers,
- Use knowledge and effective influencing skills to achieve positive business outcomes
- Understand potential Employee Relations matters across the business and offering advice to solve problems and prevent escalation
- Ensure all HR activities meet with and integrate with other shared services functions and follow company values and brand.
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding:
- Work in partnership with the wider HR, Training and operational managers to assess, select and successfully onboard and to develop and nurture talent within the business
- Ensure all employees have an effective personal development plan
Managing risk and Continuous Improvement:
- Protect the business by keeping up to date with employment law and HR best practice, taking support and advice from legal resources and ensure that this is incorporated into business practices
- Provide expertise in and case management of performance management, absence management, probation reviews, redundancies, TUPE, right to work, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Develop an effective approach to ensure a smooth progression of cases from investigation and/or informal stage through the formal stages
- Educate and coach line managers through employment processes and cases
- Measure the effectiveness of such training and check training outcomes and performance improvement achieved.
Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in an operational HR role working with a mix of levels of management, and with a mix of short term and longer-term objectives.
- The individual will have a proven track record of hands-on execution, from concept to delivery, and is known to an excellent ability to balance between guarding the organisation and supporting execution and delivery.
- The ability to make sound decisions, sometimes independently, assessing information and risk appetite.
- Proven project management skills
- Previous skills in management mentoring, coaching and development.
CIPD qualified (part qualified accepted)
Degree in HR Management or business-related discipline