HRBP with experience working in a HE or Unionised environment who enjoys having the flexibility and autonomy of managing a business unit.
- 25th October 2023
- £56,000 - £64,000
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
About the role:
HR Business Partner | Education | Portsmouth, Hampshire
An Education establishment based in Portsmouth is looking for a reliable, Level 7 CIPD qualified Business Partner to support in a change management project. You will report to one of the 2 Senior HR Business Partners and be integral in communicating with Senior Stakeholders and getting things done.
As well as this, you will be responsible for the day-to-day Business Partnering tasks associated with one of their 5 business parts, working with HR advisors to ensure these tasks are completed. This position is permanent with at least 3 days in the office and at times will be required to be on site 5 days a week due to the involvement in the change project.
As an HR Business Partner your key responsibilities will be:
- Work in partnership with Senior Stakeholders to enable high performance of individuals through a coaching and facilitative approach. Building effective relationships to develop people’s capacity and capability, in accordance with the People Plan.
- Enable, coach and challenge managers on the implementation of planned and unplanned people management practices, projects and programmes, scanning for emerging trends, innovation and current best practice.
- Provide proactive strategic HR consultancy and change management to include appropriate stakeholder engagement, problem analysis and solution identification, provision of expert advice and the commissioning / oversight of HR services. Coach and support senior managers in the implementation of people management policies and development of capability.
- Lead on HR projects to support delivery of the HR Operating Plan, identifying timescales, project implementation plans, risk mitigation, co-ordinating internal and external resource requirements, establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide HR expertise and advice to managers across the client group, including specialist advice on HR policies, procedures and complex casework, and attendance at formal meetings.
- Monitor and interpret HR analytics to identify strategic and operational insights, to be able to translate information into appropriate solutions and improvements, to inform and shape senior leadership decision making.
- To act as a key point of contact for all complex/escalated people policy and terms and conditions of employment clarification, as a result of queries into Human Resources. Providing expert guidance on the interpretation and application of policies to ensure a consistent and legally compliant approach.
- Proactively manage partnerships with, scope and commission services from, other parts of HR to deliver change and to support HR’s capability in providing seamless services to the company. Lead or participate in ‘across institution virtual teams’ for specific HR projects.
- Create, consult, implement innovative HR solutions, sponsoring HR initiatives in client groups, leading on the development and implementation of relevant internal policy and process changes across the company.
- Support talent management initiatives, including delivery of training, using analysis, strategic and operational priorities to assess performance of teams and individuals, and identify training and development requirements. Support leaders with succession planning processes.
- Build effective relationships with Trades Unions representatives to be able to contribute to institutional level negotiations and consultations with trades unions and lead on negotiations and consultations that impact client groups.
- Play a key role in supporting the Senior HR Business Partner and HR colleagues, building a culture of continuous improvement, to ensure the team reaches its maximum potential and is able to deliver high quality professional support to the University.
Skills and Experience:
- Level 7 CIPD qualified
- Strategic thinking with an ability to apply a commercial approach and understanding to ensure service is aligned to business goals.
- Ability to write and present a range of reports including the ability to draft policy documents
- Consultancy skills, including analysis, stakeholder engagement and the ability to identify pragmatic solutions to complex people issues
- Ability to coach, support, challenge and mentor others successfully.
- Evidence of specialist HR skills to include: organisational development and culture, organisational design, change management, people management, leadership and development, delivery of training and development events
- Proven ability to secure a consensus approach across a range of stakeholders and in sensitive and challenging situations.
- Proactive, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable with a commitment to personal and team development
Benefits of the HR Business Partner role include:
- Pension scheme
- 32 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Christmas office closure
- Health & Wellbeing Benefits
- Discounted Travel & Parking
How to apply:
To discuss the HR Business Partner role in more depth please contact Aisha Barnes at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Aisha.email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7747 272 285 | +44 (0) 1962 432001. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.