HR Heads is working on a fantastic 4-month FTC opportunity for a HR Director within a global entertainment organisation.
- 21st June 2022
- £100,000 pro rata
- Contract or Temp
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Based in Surrey, the HR Director position offers hybrid working with the expectation of being on-site 4-5 days a week, the role comes with a salary is £100,000 pro-rata.
The business prides itself on having the best, most passionate and dedicated staff behind the scenes worldwide, creating amazing experiences and memories for its clients and customers.
Reporting to the Senior Divisional Director, the HR Director will be responsible for the operational delivery and People Strategy for the business that supports the business goals, while enabling individuals to develop, achieve high performance and grow with the business.
- The HR Director will create and drive the HR strategy and plans for the division to deliver both short- and long-term goals and provide strong leadership and direction for the HR function.
- The HR Director will ensure that the division embraces strong people principles, acts as a role model for the business values, and work with the leadership team to create and maintain a talent pipeline for future succession, best-in-class recruitment, retention approach, and learning and development. The role will ensure clarity and consistency in the management of employee wellbeing, employee relations, recognition, pay, and benefits.
- Responsibility for HR service delivery for the division contributing to the achievement of the overall business strategic objectives.
- Create and drive the HR strategy and plan to deliver both short and long-term goals and provide strong leadership and direction for the HR function.
- Engage with key stakeholders to build and maintain effective relationships and work with and as part of the senior leadership team as a key contributor to business decisions and outcomes.
- Lead the HR team in providing a professional HR service, including accurate and timely delivery of the HR basics (contracts, payroll, benefits administration, induction, employee files), recruitment, talent development and ensuring activities and employee files fall in line with legal requirements and business policy.
- Ensure the right development, resources and procedures are in place to allow employees to perform at a high level and deliver exceptional customer service standards.
- Ensure implementation of a comprehensive Talent Development plan, with training plans and a clear career progression plan is in place for key personnel.
- Lead and support the recruitment of key and senior appointments
- Ensure all elements of the business are legally compliant with contracts of employment, working practices and training requirements
- Ensure that effective methods of measurement are in place and that key trends are identified and acted upon (for example, recruitment stats, retention, exit interviews, succession, absence monitoring, employee relations and occupational health).
- Focus on employee engagement and fully utilise the feedback provided from the business survey, ensuring that culture and engagement remain central on the people agenda, and amongst the Leadership Team.
- Ensure that key recognition processes and events are in place to effectively recognise and thank employees for their contribution and commitment and act as a role model for the business and ensure that our values are fully cascaded and embraced across all divisions.
- Lead the division’s Diversity & Inclusion plans to create a culture of inclusion and breadth of diversity that reflects the consumer base.
- Total responsibility for all budgetary planning and expenditure within HR.
- Continually review the HR operation from a guest/employee perspective, providing operational teams with accurate and timely feedback.
- Regularly benchmark your own performance against others within the wider business group and competitors to establish best practices.
- Ensure all operational standards are, where possible, exceeded and that culture is developed within all staff of ensuring the attraction is always at its very best, both visitor experience-wise and also in protecting future loyalty i.e. through creating memorable visits and compelling reasons to come in the first place.
- Provide advice and assistance to managers on people management in order to create motivated and committed employees.
- Working with the HR and SLT teams to drive the company’s forum to ensure employee involvement in business decisions and compliance with information and consultation legislation.
- Drive high levels of communication throughout the department and ensure that relevant information is cascaded throughout the HR team.
- Engage with the wider HR community to communicate and drive the business strategy and people initiatives, as well as contribute to operational HR matters such as various HR forums, project groups and input and roll-out of policies and procedures.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Proven experience in working within a fast-paced complex environment
- Excellent developer of relationships at a senior management level to be able to shape and deliver strategic people priorities
- Excellent communicator who has a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and HR colleagues
- Demonstrated skill in interpersonal relationships, presentations, influence, coaching and verbal and written communications
- Ability to manage against objectives and schedules, and plan to deliver against the big picture direction for the business
- Strong team building, group facilitation, process improvement, and project management skills
- Proven track record of working in a customer-facing, the commercial environment within an HR role ideally within a multinational business.