Are you an ambitious HR professional looking for an exciting new challenge?
- 15th June 2022
- £45,000 + benefits
- Permanent / Full Time
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
HR Heads has a new opportunity for an aspiring HR Manager within a global technology business, based in Poole.
This HR Manager role would ideally suit an established Senior HR Advisor with the drive and creativity to make the position their own.
The HR Manager will business partner with the engineering client group in Poole, supporting c.15 managers within the business.
The HR Manager role is offering £45,000, working from the Poole office four days a week, and one from home.
Benefits include 25 days leave, contributory pension, cash health plan, cycle-to-work scheme and dental health cover.
This smart global organisation is a solution-based business, featuring in world-class cities including London, Edinburgh, Paris, New York, Sydney, Rome, Brussels and Toronto.
They employ more than 1,000 people creating and delivering effective, high-quality solutions for their clients.
Reporting to the HR Director, you will provide HR support throughout the business. You will manage, co-ordinate and maintain an effective and efficient generalist HR function in the UK, covering all disciplines of human resources activities.
This role will also require you to be proactive and work with managers in a business-partnering way, providing them with solutions to any HR matter, and really understanding their business areas. We also have a strong desire to continuously improve our function and so you would be instrumental in making recommendations to do this.
You will also be a key member of the Group HR team.
- Collaborate with, coach and support stakeholders in the business, sometimes internationally, to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective and support their development of people management.
- Provide strategic advice across a broad range of HR issues.
- Educate and advise on the performance management cycle, retention, engagement, diversity, and flexible working,
- Handle complex employee relations cases such as disciplinary, grievances and sickness absence.
- Provide HR process advice to management taking onboard any legal requirements.
- Continually evaluate, improve and update HR practices, policies and procedures.
- Work with management in a proactive way, make recommendations and implement HR initiatives/projects to enhance the business.
- Keep up to date with current employment legislation and highlight important changes to management.
- Work with management to define an annual development plan and oversee the training and development of all employees.
- Support the business on engagement, succession and retention plans.
- Support the business with internal communications activity.
- Support the business on the wellbeing plan and initiatives.
- Provide detailed HR reports where required to both the UK and French businesses.
- Ensure any annual company-wide process is carried out accurately and at the agreed timeframes.
- Attend any relevant business meetings to represent the HR function.
- Provide information as required to assist with company financial audits, tender applications and quality audits.
- Work towards and meet all aspects of the annual HR Plan.
- Travel to the different locations when required.
- Extensive generalist HR experience
- CIPD qualified – Level 5 or above
- Degree qualified in Human Resource Management or similar
- Experienced in working with management in a business-partnering and proactive approach
- Experienced in implementing HR initiatives and projects to drive the business forward
- Knowledge of employment law and HR practices including TUPE
- Computer literate, specifically Word and Excel, and use of HR systems
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Pro-active in approach and able to question current ways of working
The ideal candidate will be striving for progression, their step-up into an exciting HR Manager position.
You will be a team player, able to make sound decisions displaying good judgement with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You will also be tactful, resourceful, and innovative with the ability to work under pressure.