This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious organisation in the heart of Winchester.
- 14th May 2021
- Circa £45K + generous benefits package + excellent professional development opportunities
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
Reporting into the HR Director and leading a team of three, I’m looking for an ambitious HR Manager who would relish the opportunity to join a business during a time of enormous change.
If you are an HR Generalist (CIPD level 5), with go-getting energy, exceptional stakeholder management skills, coupled with excellent communication, strong attention to detail and organisational skills with the desire to step up into the HRD position in 2- 3 years time.
To lead on the day to day issues involved in the provision of HR across circa 600 employees.
The generalist responsibilities cover a range of employee relations, training and development, recruitment, and administrative HR support to the business.
The direct reports are the HR Advisor (Employee Relations & MIS) and the HR Administrative team, who together form a small but focussed team. The allocation of tasks to the team will be varied and will require prioritisation throughout the year.
Overall the post holder must be able to prioritise the work load and allocate to the team the many projects that are ongoing at any one time ensuring at all times a comprehensive professional HR service that fits the needs of the business.
As HR Manager your key responsibilities will be:
To build and develop relationships with managers and employees at all levels to provide support and guidance on a range of HR matters and share best practice throughout the organisation.
To lead and manage the HR Advisor & Administrators to make sure they provide a professional, high quality, proactive and effective HR service, ensuring the ongoing professional and personal development of the HR Administrators.
To be responsible for the entire recruitment process, including writing job descriptions and adverts, organising interview days, management/organisation of induction for all staff, interview training and support for line managers.
To work as part of an integrated support function including Finance and Payroll functions.
Coordinate all pre-employment safeguarding checks and documentation.
Take the lead on specialist/project areas as directed by the HR Director taking full responsibility for developing and project managing the activity. To include for the next year 2021/22:
- Appraisal redesign and launching for all employees
- Developing and publishing training programme that is implemented and measured for effectiveness resulting in proposals to move towards a learning organisation for all employees
- Leading on the refreshing of the employee brand to increase diversity as the organisations strategic plan comes into force.
- Carrying out a review of the administrative requirements of the department making sure it is fit for purpose at all times
- Drive the delivery of electronic solutions which save time and resources with our HR & Payroll System.
Skills and experience:
- A proven ability to deliver the tasks on time and under pressure;
- Track record of the provision of HR advice & guidance to line managers;
- Experience in undertaking a wide range of complex tasks, often with a high degree of autonomy;
- Track record of working in a customer-service oriented environment;
- A proven track record of ‘making a difference
- Experience of working in a complex environment
- Experience in drafting letters that are grammatically correct and to a high standard of English;
- IT proficient, particularly with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the use of HR databases ( I Trent an advantage)
Benefits of the HR Manager role include:
- 9% Pension contribution
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) + Christmas closure
How to apply:
To discuss the HR Manager role in more depth please contact Rosie Jenkins at HR Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7552 244230. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.