We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join an international engineering company on a 6-month FTC.
- 29th April 2021
- Fixed Term Contracts
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join an international engineering company on a 6 month FTC.
Reporting to the UK Finance Manager, the Payroll Specialist will be responsible for providing a seamless payroll management service to all employees; ensuring all employees’ payrolls are processed, reports prepared and communicated in line with agreed timetables.
You will also work closely with the HR team to ensure effective maintenance and administration of the ADP iHCM system and other payroll systems. As well as supporting the HR and Finance teams with UK change projects and process implementation.
If you are self-motivated, organised and can provide excellent customer service to internal teams then please do contact me for more details.
As Payroll Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing monthly payrolls from start to finish to ensure accurate delivery of salary payments to all UK employees
- Collating payroll information for monthly paid staff including overtime, change of hours, sickness, SMP, SSP and related certificates
- Printing reports and distributing of payslips, P45s and P60s as necessary
- Submitting monthly CIS returns to HMRC
- Providing analysis of payroll costs to deliver appropriate costing (to contracts or elsewhere) to enable accurate financial accounting
- Maintaining all payroll associated records such as holiday pay, sick pay, court orders, loan deductions, union dues, etc.
- Carrying out administration of the Company’s pension scheme, dealing with auto-enrolment and opt-outs.
- Ensuring Legal & General are informed of monthly Direct Debit amounts
- Arranging BACS payments for court orders and union dues
- Dealing with payroll related enquiries to conclusion ensuring a high level of customer care and service delivery to all stakeholders
- Reporting of benefits in kind to HMRC and production of annual P11Ds
- Compiling PSA information and completing HMRC/DWP enquiry forms.
- Ensuring payments made comply with the various National and Local pay arrangements.
- Completing/assisting with third party enquiries from outside bodies.eg CSA, insurance claims, mortgage references etc.
- Liaising with HMRC regarding general queries to gain advice and share information
- Producing internal reports and data using in house systems to provide accurate management information on a regular basis
Learning and Development
- Driving the coordination of payroll information/training/ induction sessions.
- Working with line manager to ensure own personal development and training in payroll, taxation, PIId processes, P45 requirements and relevant business processes.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in a similar payroll function, dealing with monthly payrolls.
- Experience of in-house payroll systems
- Experience of managing expenses and compliance with HMRC
- Experience in using Macro
- Strong knowledge of PAYE legislation, Pensions legislation and automatic enrolment.
- Good IT skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience using SelectPay Payroll module and ADP payroll systems
- Experience of CIS
- Payroll qualification
Benefits of the People Generalist role include:
How to apply:
To discuss the Payroll Specialist role in more depth please contact Beth Lindsay at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 74254 89269 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.