My client is a digital product agency that helps internationally recognised brands become market leaders by giving their customers exceptional user experiences. They have seen a huge spike in growth in the last six months, both in the UK and in the Americas.
- Bristol, London
- 17th March 2021
- Circa £55K + bonus + benefits
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
They are a people organisation, guided by company values, they hire the best and brightest but also the nicest, and they work hard to make them feel like they work for the best place possible. Their culture truly makes a difference.
The People and Development Manager leads HR practices and objectives that will develop and maintain a people-oriented, high-performance culture and environment emphasising empowerment, quality, personal and professional growth, and retention.
The People and Development Manager coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies and programmes, and assists and advises company managers regarding people-related issues. Working with managers across the business, the People and Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day to day employee experience.
This is a wide-ranging role that includes responsibility for onboarding, induction, staff relations, performance management, compensation/benefits, training and development, ED&I, and regulatory compliance in all offices, both in the UK, the US and Colombia, working with a small dedicated People Team and with the support of an external HR specialist consultancies in each location. The role is based in the UK, with Bristol or London being your ‘local’ office, but with the flexibility of being able to work from home as well as elsewhere, which can be discussed and agreed (two days per fortnight, for example).
Responsibilities of the People and Development Manager role include:
- People Strategy: Along with the Chief People Officer, develop and deliver an ongoing People strategy, tying all aspects of growing and retaining staff into a coherent and coordinated framework of projects and initiatives designed to deliver best results for the employee experience
- Performance Management: Support implementation of the twice-yearly performance appraisal process, including the preparation and coordination of senior manager ‘People Summit’’ review meetings
- Compensation and benefits: Own, coordinate and execute all aspects of pay review and performance related pay scheme. Management of all benefits in kind including medical insurance and pensions
- Talent Development: Training and development to managers and staff. Management of all external training provision to staff
- Onboarding: Support the Recruitment team in managing the contractual onboarding, new joiners and induction processes
- Compliance: Promotion of best practice. Ensuring that all policies and procedures are up to date with the latest legislation and are adhered to across the business. Liaison with external HR consultants as required
- Communications: Initiate, co-ordinate and drive communications with staff including at the weekly stand up meetings. Design and deliver other communications activities designed to ensure the propagation of our values throughout the business
- Business partnering: Build strong credible relationships with staff at all levels of the business. Support and guide managers on all people issues and ensure that their legal obligations are understood
- Holidays and sickness: Manage procedures relating to holidays and sickness absence
- Reporting: provide regular reports to Senior Managers relating to joiners/leavers, recruitment and otherwise as required
- Ad hoc people related activities such as the management and co-ordination of visa applications and support in the preparation of monthly payroll by the finance team
- Administer the BambooHR system, ensuring that staff can effectively use the system, that records are accurate and up to date
- Health and Safety: Day to day Health & Safety management for all offices to ensure the business is H&S compliant
- Strong ‘technical’ HR knowledge and experience of current labour market trends, ideally with some experience of USA HR practices
- Knowledge of employment legislation/best practice standards
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to interact with and influence senior management
- Positive, trustworthy and with high integrity, with tact and diplomacy
- Good desktop skills Word, Excel, Google Docs etc
- CIPD qualified or HR related degree
- Experience in a digital agency or similar
- Ideally 5 years+ experience
How to apply for the People and Development Manager role:
To discuss the People and Development Manager role in more depth please contact Rosie Jenkins at HR Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7552 244230. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.