People & Culture Partner to help align the people strategies with business goals and objectives.
- 4th August 2022
- Permanent / Full Time
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
This business, operating in the cyber-security industry is seeking a People & Culture Partner to help align the people strategies with the business goals and objectives. In this role, you will deliver the HR strategy and take the lead on everything “people”.
You will deliver consistently high standards of HR service. You will be a true business partner within the business, acting as a trusted advisor to the leadership team and delivering what the business needs.
This role is a real mix between strategy and operational work and would suit someone who is used to working as part of a small HR team where delivery has been as important as the strategy. This role works closely with the outsourced HR Partner business (a consultancy).
The ideal candidate will possess Level 7 CIPD (or equivalent), and have a demonstrable track record in HR with a thorough knowledge of UK employment legislation and best practice.
People & Culture Partner responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and lead the delivery of the HR strategy for the Company.
- Responsible for the relationship between HR & the business; Own the client relationship.
- Understand and anticipate the need for change, diagnose the underlying issues, and build the case for change with stakeholders.
- Build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risks, potential scenarios, and options to mitigate.
- Consider and drive culture, employee engagement, employee welfare, and diversity and inclusion programmes.
- Create talent acquisition, development, and retention initiatives.
- Lead on companywide resourcing plans and delivery.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Leadership Team and lead the people agenda within this group.
- Support organisation effectiveness by developing and implementing solutions aligned to strategy.
- Work with the HR Consultancy to develop and implement a robust succession planning and talent management process and deliver outputs to develop talent for future growth.
- Lead all Employee Relations activities for the Company and equip Managers to be able to deal with these issues.
- Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the People strategy and objectives.
- Provide expert input across a range of HR issues (generalist / specific expertise).
- Take the lead on Learning and Development and deliver learning outcomes for the business.
- Be responsible for the payroll activity, working with our outsourced payroll provider.
- Manage the Reward, Recognition, and Benefits programmes.
- Own and harness the People Management Information system and associated data.
- Management of the performance review process. Ensure that our process is relevant and engaging and that regular reviews take place at all levels within the Company. Make recommendations for change to improve the process and then lead any improvements to ensure that they are embedded. Ensure that Line Managers are equipped with the skills to have the right performance conversations at the right time.
- Design and deliver high-impact solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Coach and build the capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues.
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Continuously drive improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight, and internal best practice.
- Proactively share best practice, intelligence, and potential activities within the HR function.
- Level 7 CIPD / MCIPD or equivalent plus experience
- Extensive relevant HR experience
- Extensive experience of operating in a business partner model, working with senior leaders and managers to create positive business outcomes
- Up-to-date employment law knowledge
- Understanding of best practices and HR functions
- Excellent people management skills
- Is personally credible and accountable
- Is ready and able to take the initiative and originate actions
- Communicates effectively at all levels
- Builds strategic partnerships internally and externally