We are looking for a People Generalist to join a leading Commercial business on an 18-month FTC.
- 9th April 2021
- £40-42,000 + bonus
- Fixed Term Contracts
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
In the People Generalist role, you will be the first point of contact for HR-related queries and provide day-to-day operational support for the People Team, whilst managing and/or supporting key HR Projects. You will be representing the People team in delivering excellence across the HR Lifecycle and ensuring that all colleagues are dealt with professionally throughout their employment or contract with the business.
The business values relationships and you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with internal colleagues to provide support on any HR-related queries. It is essential to the business that all colleagues are dealt with professionally and that the People Team are positively valued by their internal colleagues plus external stakeholders. Therefore, we are looking for someone with exceptional stakeholder management.
It is also important that you are highly organized with a desire to delve deep into problems in order to create the most positive outcomes. In addition, we are looking for someone who has experience in managing complex ER cases from end to end plus has been involved in the payroll process. The business environment is fast-paced and thus it is important that you can work autonomously in these situations. However, it is a company which strongly values their employees and therefore you will be joining a business which places a firm emphasis on supporting the development of its people.
As People Generalist your key responsibilities will be:
- Act as a key data interface between the People Team, Finance and key suppliers.
- Responsible for the organisation’s HR administration, including all documentation and ensuring accurate recording and updating of records and of the HR system.
- Provide support for all HR activities and projects including employee relations, colleague engagement, performance and pay and reward.
- Assist colleagues with any ad-hoc queries as required, enabling them to meet their responsibilities and expectations and drive performance.
- Liaise with benefits providers, including Private Medical Insurance, Pensions, Lease Cars and Childcare Vouchers, to ensure continuity of service for all employee benefits.
Payroll & Finance:
- Take ownership and manage the payroll process
- Ensure the monthly pension submission is made through the online portal accurately and within the agreed timeframes
- Ensure Purchase Orders for all key suppliers, new hires and contractors are raised and that all key suppliers receive payment on time to ensure continuity of service.
- Preparing offers of employment and ensuring seamless onboarding experiences for new starters. Manage the induction and Exit process for all permanent employees.
- Managing the process of pre- employment CV Screening for new starters, acting as the main interface for the company and the supplier.
Policy & Process:
- Periodic reviews and updating of policies and documentation, aligning to best practice and employment law.
Performance & Reward:
- Managing confidential data relating to performance, talent and pay reviews and preparing information for senior stakeholders.
- Establish relationships with internal colleagues, including senior stakeholders and maintain a professional manner always to ensure that all stakeholders within the business have an exceptional view of the HR Team.
Incident Management team:
- Act as deputy on the Incident Management team for the People function, therefore being responsible for managing an incident through to stand down and lessons learned.
Compliance and Security:
- Create, review, and update controlled HR Documents, ensuring all documents are version controlled and reflected in the Information Management System (IMS), to ensure compliance with ISO guidelines on an ongoing basis.
Tools and Systems:
- People Connect (SAGE) HR System owner, responsible for proactively managing the HR system to maintain integrity and confidentiality of employee and organizational data
- Manage headcount data working with Finance Business Partner and HR Business Partner.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in an HR Administrator or Advisor role is essential.
- Previous experience in payroll, implementing a new HR system and managing complex ER cases from end-to-end
- Desire to learn and progress your career within HR plus committed to professional qualification.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent.
- Confidential and discrete
- Confident in working with numerical data, Excel and PowerPoint literate
- Professional and committed to high standards
- Good organisational skills.
Benefits of the People Generalist role include:
How to apply for the People Generalist role:
To discuss the People Generalist role in more depth please contact Jennifer Gaster at HR Heads by emailing your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7533 642111 | +44 (0) 1962 432001. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.