Supporting a busy HR team to appropriately source, qualify and onboard excellent hires and committed to delivering a great candidate journey.
- 22nd November 2023
- £26,000 - £29,000
or call our Hampshire office 01962 432001
About the role:
A reputable engineering company, offering vital end-to-end services across the UK are currently looking for a Talent Advisor to support their existing team. You will support in managing the entire recruitment process from application to onboarding, focusing on delivering an excellent candidate journey, within a busy team who work on 30-40 roles at any one time.
Based near Southampton on a hybrid basis following a successful probationary period, you will be reporting to the Recruitment Manager in a team of 3, supporting them to run an efficient recruitment and onboarding process. As well as sourcing and qualifying candidates, you will be responsible for understanding and delivering feedback throughout the process and verbally negotiating offers with successful candidates.
As Talent Advisor your key responsibilities will be:
You will become knowledgeable about the unique roles within the business, identifying skills that match appropriately with vacancies and relaying a clear picture of the business to all applicants.
Work collaboratively with all members of the Recruitment Team, efficiently utilising the ATS system to effectively manage all recruitment between the Team.
Carrying out job brief meetings with Hiring Managers to gather all of the responsibilities, skills and competencies required for each role, and devising a recruitment timetable with a compelling job advert to start the process.
Communicate, network & source potential candidates on various job boards and platforms, creating good relationships and ensuring that they attract the best talent. It will also be part of your role to build strong relationships with all recruitment agencies and networks that support the business to provide great candidates.
You will screen any suitable candidates using competency questions and put together a shortlist of high calibre candidates. Once candidates have been selected for interview, it is your job to coordinate these, both online and face-to-face
Great record keeping is key in this role to ensure every candidate is appropriately processed through their ATS system (Eploy) so that team members can easily access information on jobs that you are working on. This includes ensuring that compliance and legal documentation such as Right to Work status are checked and saved on their records
Debriefing with hiring managers is really important in this role to gain feedback at each stage of the process and being able to deliver this constructively to candidates.
Once a successful candidate is selected, you will make verbal offers of employment, negotiating where necessary to ensure the candidate and business have a mutually beneficial outcome.
Arranging onboarding paperwork such as Contracts of Employment and being a welcoming first point of contact.
Share relevant documentation with the L&D, HR and Payroll departments ensuring all new starter processes are completed correctly and on time
Produce metrics for the business that can be used to identify recruitment trends and analysis.
Create all new starter workflows, regularly reviewing efficiency and effectiveness.
Skills and Experience:
- Proactive communication to drive processes forward both with candidates and Hiring Managers,
- Previous experience of recruiting in a busy, HR department
- Professional and confident with excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as able to build effective relationships with people at all levels
- Strong planning and organising skills, diary management experience.
- Strong IT skills and experience of using databases
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and is always looking for ways to improve themselves as well as the current recruitment processes.
- Flexible with the ability to work effectively under pressure and manage conflicting
- priorities, effectively managing expectations when required
- A positive, solution-focussed approach to resolving situations, using own initiative where
- Identify opportunities for improving the candidate experience and recruitment process
Benefits of the Talent Advisor role include:
- Pension scheme with contribution based on total earnings not just salary
- 24 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Increasing annual leave entitlement with long service
- Medicash Scheme
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Employee discount scheme